Are you one to keep up with the latest interior design trends? Transitioning from the warm and comforting colours that adorned 2021 living rooms, the next year is thought to bring a versatile mix of function, simplicity, and familiarity. So, without further ado, keep reading to see how you can decorate your home in perfect 2022 fashion:
Natural Colour Palette
Starting with colour, 2022 brings clever colour combinations to evoke a sense of harmony and nostalgia. Reminiscent of 1950 pastels with a modern twist, the Farrow & Ball paint shades of 2022 are as follows:
- Babouche. A cheerful shade, this deep, golden yellow gets its name from the leather slippers worn by men in Morocco. Intense without appearing garish, this colour is bold, bright, and a great way to bring some sunshine into your home.
- School House White. A soft, off-white tone, this shade is reminiscent of colours used in old schoolhouses. Branching away from the cool undertones of many modern neutrals, this colour will brighten a space without feeling harshly white.
- Breakfast Room Green. Cheerful, lively, and bold, the craze of green statements walls continues into 2022. Known to make smaller rooms feel larger, this shade will beautifully catch morning light, while keeping its charm in dusk.
- Stone Blue. A warm, timeless shade of blue, it’s the perfect combination of vintage and contemporary. Highly versatile, this blue works well with warm and cool tones, making it a great option for any home aesthetic.
Introduce elements of air and space into your home this year. As many companies are continuing to work remotely, you may grow tired of the clutter of your house interiors. Therefore, the trend of minimalism in 2022 focuses on using the bare essentials to create a simple and uncluttered space. Here are some ways you can bring a minimalist design to your home:
- Clear your surfaces of clutter. Store what you can out of sight and off the countertops.
- Create a neutral base by sticking to clean, subdued tones and hues. Off white walls, earth-tone browns, blues, and greens should lighten your space without feeling boring.
- Invest in quality, not quantity. Purchase with purpose, bringing an elegantly curated collection of furniture and décor into your home.
- Choose stylish storage. This multipurpose tip allows you to clear away clutter while adding aesthetic and purpose to your furnishings.
After spending nearly two years at home amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, 2022 trends are bringing nature indoors. From plants to textiles, you can play around with materials like linen, cotton, and ceramic pots. Furthermore, elements reminiscent of the outdoors, such as stone, marble, granite, light wood, and onyx are being introduced into homes. Here’s how you can introduce more nature into your home this year:
- Engineered Hardwood. Bringing the timeless wood feel with increased durability, this flooring type is a great way to be on trend. Compared to traditional hardwood, engineered flooring is constructed with a plywood base. Making it a more affordable option while retaining the classic look of hardwood with a 100% wood top layer. More resistant to moisture and temperature changes, you won’t experience warping and rotting like you do with traditional wood.
- Vinyl. To embrace the wood, stone, and marble themes, vinyl combines affordability with versatility. Bring these natural elements indoors with vinyl tiles or planks, styled in a variety of finishes. Extremely durable and completely waterproof, you can achieve the sought-after natural look with the bonus of practicality. Vinyl will look like just about anything with the right crafting. From wood grain to marble, you can bring nature indoors, starting with your flooring.
- Laminate. Like vinyl in terms of versatility, laminate flooring simulates the authentic look of natural woods and stones. However, laminate is not only more affordable than natural materials but is more durable and easier to maintain. Scratch and impact resistant, this flooring won’t fade nor stain, adding long-term value. When looking to bring natural elements into your home, the costs can quickly accumulate. To save money, opt for laminate planks to deliver the 2022 aesthetic, without draining your retirement fund.
Embrace the simple lifestyle of 2022 trends by visiting a showroom that carries it all in one place. We’re proud to carry the largest selection of in-stock vinyl, laminate, and engineered hardwood flooring in the country. At the King of Floors, we’ll help find the flooring that is best suited to your aesthetic, budget, and lifestyle. We’re not here to sell you things that you don’t need. Rather, we want to work with you to uncover the best flooring for you and your home. Drop by the best flooring store in Surrey – bias not included – to introduce an element of nature into your space at an affordable price.